Donny Osmond to attend Las Vegas Market fundraiser
Las Vegas Market announced that Donny Osmond, celebrity entertainer, former teen heartthrob and home products licensor, will serve as a live auctioneer at its 7th annual “Up on the Roof” fundraiser benefiting Gift For Life, on Monday, July 31, 2017, at the Summer 2017 Las Vegas Market. In addition to live auction items, the annual gift and home industry fundraiser also will feature a variety of Las Vegas themed silent auction prizes.
“Las Vegas Market is thrilled that Donny Osmond will join us as a special guest and live auctioneer at our annual Gift For Life fundraiser,” said Dorothy Belshaw, president of Gift Leasing and Chief Marketing Officer, International Market Centers. “As the nation’s fastest growing gift and home décor market, Las Vegas Market is proud to support the industry’s charitable efforts by hosting our annual ‘Up on The Roof’ fundraiser, which has raised more than $70,000 to date for HIV/AIDS direct care, prevention, education services and advocacy.”
Known for his work as a singer, actor, radio personality and all-around entertainer, Osmond will host a live auction during the fundraiser. Auction prizes will include two pairs of tickets to the award-winning “Donny & Marie Show” – at Donny’s personal table plus a meet and greet – at the Flamingo Las Vegas (valued at $750 per pair). In the 90-minute show, he and his younger sister, Marie, backed by eight dancers and a nine-piece band reprise their fabulously successful TV variety series, which ran on ABC from 1976 to 1979. He will also auction some signed memorabilia from Donny Osmond, as well rocker Jon Bon Jovi.
Osmond also will live auction a selection of Donny Osmond Home licensed merchandise from three Las Vegas Market showrooms – Art Trends, Coaster Company of America and Rizzy Home – and other licensees. Donny Osmond Home by Donny and Debbie Osmond celebrates life and love with the tag line, “Making Home and Family #1” with products that enhance harmony at home and encourage family togetherness. Live auction items donated by four of the brand’s eight licensees are:
- Art Trends (two fine art giclees, valued at $299 each);
- Capital Lighting Fixture Company (Mercer Collection four-light pendant, valued at $498; and Gavin Collection 12-light chandelier, valued at $480);
- Coaster Company of America (‘Houndstooth Accent Chair, valued at $380);
- Rizzy Home (King-size quilt and four décor pillows set, valued at $499).
In addition to the live auction by Osmond, the event also will feature a silent auction, offering a spectacular selection of nine Las Vegas-themed items, including tickets to see celebrity magicians Penn & Teller, hotel giveaways, dinners, spa packages, show tickets and once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Silent auction items include:
- Three nights in a luxury suite at the Venetian/Palazzo, including limousine transportation to and from McCarran Airport, and two Canyon Ranch Spa Services (up to $185 each) valued at $1,100.
- Two nights in a Rush Tower Junior Suite at the Golden Nugget, including two tickets to a show in the Golden Nugget showroom and a $100 dining credit at Vic & Anthony’s Steakhouse, valued at $650.
- Two nights in a Select Premier View Room at the Stratosphere, including dinner for two at McCall’s Heartland Grill, free ride tickets to X-Scram, Insanity and the Big Shot, plus complimentary fitness center and admission to the Stratosphere Tower, valued at $500.
- Two nights in a Terrace Studio Suite at Cosmopolitan Las Vegas, valued at $400.
- Two nights at the Las Vegas Marriott, valued at $350.
- Two nights at Springhill Suites, including daily breakfast buffet, valued at $350.
- Two nights in a World Traditional Room at SLS Las Vegas, valued at $350.
- Las Vegas Gift Basket from Connections Housing, valued at $200.
- Four tickets to Penn & Teller at the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino, valued at $376.00
Held annually at the Summer Market, the popular Up on the Roof fundraiser typically draws a crowd of more than 300 industry executives, who join together to eat, drink, dance, network and raise funds for the industry’s charity in a superb setting, the WorldView Ballroom on the 16th Floor of Building B. The 2017 Up On the Roof event will be held on Monday, July 31,6:00pm – 8:00pm. Party-goers will enjoy a full bar, hors d’oeuvres, dancing, the silent auction and entertainment by award-winning singer/songwriter Chadwick Johnson, known for his soulful, unique interpretations of popular songs, as well as his original compositions.
Up on the Roof tickets, which cost $25 each, or five for $100, may be purchased online at https://upontheroof.
Las Vegas Market is the fastest growing gift and home décor market in the U.S. and the leading furniture marketplace in the western U.S. With a record 4,000+ lines, the Market will feature its largest ever number of resources, with greater breadth and depth and exclusive collections across all categories, including major launches for the bedding industry. The Summer 2017 Las Vegas Market runs July 30-August 3. For more information, visit: www.lasvegasmarket.com.