Simply Local Creates Special Experience with Artisans
Brian Beevers, owner of Simply Local in San Diego, spent 12 years managing farmers’ markets throughout the city. His interaction with local artisans uncovered a need for a venue that allowed customers to have a special experience with the artisans. Beevers began brainstorming with vendors and launched Simply Local five years ago and now has five staff members.
“Keeping things local has and is a big part of why I do this, and when the community embraces that it doubles the excitement factor!” – Brian Beevers, owner
Beevers said Simply Local moved to the North Park area because it is “known for an incredible local vibe.” He also said North Park has a minimal number of chain stores and is a very active place. “The people here are generally purpose-driven and will go out of their way to support local business. Simply Local has become an important ‘go-to’ gift shop for this community and beyond,” he said.
Best-Sellers at Simply Local
- Home Décor: Often Wander, Urban Industrial, Circles and Squares
- Kitchen Products: Salt Farm, Coronado Spice and Tea, San Diego Honey Co.
- Stationery & Greeting Cards: Warren Tales
- Apparel & Accessories: Young Apparel Co, INKcredible Designs
- Candles & Home Fragrances: Often Wander, Plum Blossom, Ever After Naturals
- Baby & Kids: Farm Girl Co., Vintage and Virtue, Shop Lidora
- Miscellaneous: Cali Life Co.