DMC and ART name the members of the ARTS Awards nominating committee
Dallas Market Center and ART, the creative home furnishings network, have announced the members of the ARTS Awards Nominating Committee, a group of independent industry professionals who will evaluate the list of hundreds of nominees submitted online. The results will be the list of ARTS Awards finalists, who will then submit materials for judging in the fall.
33rd ARTS Awards Nomination Committee
- Jamie Bernal, Principal, Jonathan’s Coastal Living
- Laurie Burns, Executive Director, Gift & Home Trade Association
- Jenny Cano, Executive Director, Interior Design Society (IDS)
- Patti Carpenter, Principal, Carpenter + Co.
- Lois Del Negro, CFO, Global Views
- Diane Falvey, Editor-in-Chief, Furniture, Lighting, & Décor
- Catherine Frinier, Co-Founder, Richard Frinier Design Studio
- Richard Frinie, Co-Founder, Richard Frinier Design Studio
- Teddie Garrigan, Co-Owner, Coco & Dash
- Susan Jones, Publisher, Furniture, Lighting, & Décor
- Thomas Lester, Business Editor, Home Accents Today
- Connie Lineberry, President, Connie Lineberry & Associates
- James Merida, President, Bountiful Home
- Doug Self, President, J. Douglas
- Leslie Taglio, CEO, Taglio & Associates
- Cheminne Taylor Smith, CEO, Cheminne.com
- Colleen Visage, Vice President Product Management, Progress Lighting
- Allison Zisko, Editor-in-Chief, Home Accents Today
“These industry leaders not only deliver knowledge and oversight but they ensure the independence of the awards,” said Sharon Davis, executive director of ART.
“We appreciate the support and investment of time from this distinguished group of experts,” Cindy Morris, president and CEO of Dallas Market Center, added.
The ARTS Awards process begins with the nomination of retailers, manufacturers, designers, and sales representatives. After nominations are received, a nomination committee of industry peers evaluates the entries and determines finalists.
A separate judging panel then convenes in the fall to review and score finalists’ materials. Winners will be announced during a gala event on Friday, January 6, 2023. Neither membership in ART nor representation at Dallas Market Center is necessary to nominate or to be a nominee.
The 33rd ARTS Awards Categories
- Sales Representative
- Product Designer
- Interior Designer
Sponsors for the ARTS Awards include:
- Aspire Design & Home
- Business of Home
- Designers Today
- Furniture, Lighting & Décor
- Furniture Today
- Gifts & Decorative Accessories
- Home Accents Today
- Home Textiles Today
- Interior Design Society
- Sustainable Furnishings Council
For more information, visit the ARTS Awards website.