DMC and ARTS celebrate ARTS Award recipients
Dallas Market Center (DMC) and ART, the creative home furnishings network, have announced the recipients of the 32nd ARTS Awards. Following a judging process guided by a panel of industry experts, category winners were announced at a gala event on Friday, Jan. 7, at the Hilton Anatole hotel co-hosted by Thom Filicia and Carson Kressley. In addition to category winners, the Academy of Achievement honor was awarded to Caroline Hipple of Norwalk Furniture and a special HEARTS Award was presented to The Malouf Foundation.
“Congratulations to this year’s ARTS Awards recipients and to our special honorees,” said Cindy Morris president and CEO of DMC said. “It was an amazing evening of celebrating entrepreneurs, top sales people, and legendary leaders.”
32nd ARTS Awards Recipients
- East/Atlantic: Hermitage Design Center, Nashville, Tennessee
- Midwest/Southwest: Southern Lights, Burnsville, Minnesota
- West: Black Whale Home, Encinitas, California
Home Accents Store
- East/Atlantic: Bountiful Home, Easton, Maryland
- Midwest/Southwest: Coco & Dash, Dallas, Texas
- West: Absolutely Fabulous, Huntington Beach, California
Furniture Store—Single Location
- Henry Home Interiors, Norman, Oklahoma
Furniture Store—Multiple Location:
- Clive Daniel Home, Naples, Florida
- In Detail Interiors, Pensacola, Florida
- Academy of Achievement Award: Caroline Hipple, Norwalk Furniture
- HEARTS Award: The Malouf Foundation
- Product Designer: Barry Goralnick
- Interior Designer: Jan Showers
- East/Atlantic: Karen Landes Scherr
- Midwest/Southwest: Amy Golightly
- West: Leslie Taglio
- Green Award: Polywood
- Area Rugs: Rizzy Home
- Home Accents: Phillips Collection
- Accent Furniture: Norwalk Furniture
- Home Textiles: Ann Gish
- Tabletop: Beatriz Ball Collection
- Outdoor Living: Seasonal Living
- Wall Décor: Itinerant Studio
- Lamps: Pacific Coast Lighting
- Lighting Fixtures: Hubbardton Forge
Sponsors for the 32nd ARTS Awards include Aspire Design & Home; Business of Home; Designers Today; D Home; Furniture, Lighting & Décor; Furniture Today; Gifts & Decorative Accessories; Home Accents Today; Home Textiles Today; Interior Design Society, and Sustainable Furnishings Council.
About the ARTS Awards
The ARTS Awards is an international awards program dedicated to the home industry. Up to 28 categories exist under the headings Manufacturer, Retailer, Product Designer, Interior Designer, Sales Representative, Green Award, and other specialty honors. Anyone in the industry can nominate including manufacturers, retailers, sales representatives, designers, suppliers, consultants, and other industry officials. Companies that have won an ARTS Award five times are inducted into the Hall of Fame. Current Hall of Fame members are: Arteriors Home, Beatriz Ball, Bella Casa, BJ’s Home Accents, C.S. Wo & Sons, Distinctive Designs International Inc., Elements at Home, Feizy Rugs, Fine Art Lamps, Global Views, HW Home, Loloi Rugs, Montaage, Natural Decorations Inc., Palecek, Paragon, Phillips Collection, Robb & Stucky, Schonbek Worldwide Lighting, Seasonal Living, and Vietri.
ART is the creative home furnishings network representing manufacturers, retailers, representatives and other individuals and companies interested in promoting and enhancing the market position of the home furnishings industry. Each year ART sponsors programs such as the ART conference, regional educational seminars, the ART card, and the ARTS Awards. The ART website is available at www.accessoriesresourceteam.org.
For more information, visit www.dallasmarketcenter.com.