Gift for Life supports Bailey House with Text-to-Give
“We are delighted to partner again with Progressive Business Media to raise awareness and funds for Gift for Life through this 21st-century fundraising technology as part of the Retailer Excellence Awards,” said Matthew Katzenson, chair of the Gift for Life board. “We raised $7,000+ in our first effort last August and we hope to raise at least $10,000 for Bailey House in 2019.”
Bailey House provides housing and health services to 1,800 men, women, and children in New York City who are living with HIV/AIDS and other chronic illnesses. The organization helps clients address homelessness, poverty, hunger, substance use, mental illness, and other critical issues that make survival hard, if not impossible.
Donations are being accepted now through the event, which will be held on Sunday, August 11, 2019 at New York City’s Lighthouse at Chelsea Piers. For more information on how to become involved, visit www.giftforlife.org. To donate, text the code GFL2019 to 44-321. A text reply will provide a secure link where donations can be made. A credit card is required and donations by check and cash will not be accepted. Everyone associated with the gift and home furnishings industry – retailers, retail buying groups, product manufacturers, product designers, sales organizations, market producers, trade publications and service providers – is eligible to participate and encouraged to contribute. Donations also can be made online here.
Donation Levels & Initiatives Funded
- $25 provides light breakfast for clients to take medications when coming in to see a case manager
- $50 pays a client’s utility bill for a month
- $100 provides transportation for a homeless veteran to healthcare and treatment appointments
- $250 underwrites a recreational outing for clients to promote socialization
- $500 provides 100 meals in food pantry bags to formerly homeless veterans
- $1,000 provides a month’s rent and safe housing for a LGBTQ young adult.