Special events and seminars announced for Dallas Total Home & Gift Market
Dallas Market Center has announced the full schedule of events for the first market of the year, Total Home & Gift Market, Jan. 5-11, 2022. Highlights include trend reviews, giveaways, new product debuts, and insightful sessions from business leaders.
“We’re offering buyers the first chance to discover new products but also gain insights into the trends and business inspiration for the new year,” said Cindy Morris, president and CEO of Dallas Market Center. “Our community of thought leaders and experts are delivering valuable content plus we are celebrating with plenty of receptions and happy hours.”
Pre-registration, which is the exclusive method to receive the FastPass for quick, contactless entry, is now available at dallasmarketcenter.com.
Special Events and Hospitalities
Events across campus will offer food, drink and fun for attendees plus moments of inspiration from experts and influencers. A complete list of events is available via the website and app but highlights include the following:
- Each day begins with the New Buyer Scoop, a new buyer reception. Join us at 9:00 a.m. for tips and tricks on navigating market. Grab a complimentary coffee and hear from a friendly associate on all things Dallas Market Center.
- Gourmet Market Tastings take place every day all day. Sample a tasty selection of specialty food and beverage products for your store. From decadent chocolates, savory snacks to drink mixes, you’ll find goodies your customers will love.
- The Gallery is full of new home décor resources and welcomes all buyers to a Sip + See each day from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday, Jan. 5
- Pour For The Floor at 11 a.m. on WTC 10. Grab a complimentary drink while you shop the Home Accents, Furniture and Lighting showrooms.
Thursday, Jan. 6
- 2022 Sustainability Forecast at 11:30 a.m. in Designer’s Patio (WTC 9009). Award-winning designers Shayla Copas and Christian Daw will take you on a tour of what the future will look like for sustainability in 2022 as well as dive into the pros to adding sustainable furnishings to your projects. Moderated by Lindsay Schleis and Megan Pierson of POLYWOOD.
- Gifted Retail: What’s Trending in Gift & How to Maximize Sales. Join us at 12:00 p.m. in the WTC 1st Floor Atrium for a panel discussion with Katie Loxton (Founder & Creative Director, Katie Loxton), Colleen Booth (Home Décor Buyer, Buc-ee’s), Alix Buckley (Founder, Karma Gifts), Summer Frein (General Manager, Lord Jones), and a representative from Container Store. Listen and enjoy after grabbing lunch at one of our food outlets.
- Lightovation Trend Report at 2 PM in The SMART Center, TM 4826. Furniture Lighting & Decor Editor-in-Chief Diane Falvey moderates a dynamic discussion with trend forecaster Patti Carpenter of Carpenter & Company and lighting designer Randall Whitehead about trends in design and technology that will be influencing homes and products through 2023. Be sure to pick up a printed copy of this report.
- Licensing stars Shayla Copas & Dann Foley will be sharing their experiences in building both a design and licensing brand at 2 p.m. in Charles Ray & Associates (WTC 9002). It will be a lively and interactive so have your questions ready!
Friday, Jan. 7
- The Holiday Treat Trail is four fun stations filled with complimentary sweet treats and spiked drinks. Head to the IHDC 2nd floor, 10:00 a.m. until noon.
- #Follow: An Expert’s Guide to Social Media. At 12:00 p.m. in the WTC 1st Floor Atrium, join us for a panel learning session with Maghon Taylor (Founder & Author, All She Wrote Notes), and Paige Winstanley (Chief Product Officer at El Arroyo). Listen and enjoy after grabbing lunch at one of our food outlets.
- A launch party for Dann Foley Lifestyle at 12:00 p.m in Stylecraft (WTC 10074).
- A Conversation with The Met X Ann Gish at 2:00 p.m in The Gallery (IHDC 1D202). Join the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Morgan Pearce and Jane Gish, led by interior and product designer Libby Langdon, for a conversation about how selections from the Met’s collection were distilled into home textiles part of the new Met x Ann Gish collection.
Giveaways and Receptions in The Temps
The Temps at Total Home & Gift Market, Jan. 5-8, will present hundreds of new and returning exhibitors. Buyers will explore a full marketplace of Temps with distinct neighborhoods to discover hot new products and brands. Special events include daily hospitality in all Temps neighborhoods such as the following:
- Explore the floors to atTEMPt to win $1000! While visiting the four Temp neighborhoods on campus and the Housewares Pop-Up Show, keep your eye out for the QR codes to scan with your mobile device using your camera. Sweeten your chance to win by entering your email address at all five locations. Five lucky winners will be selected to win an AMEX Gift Card in the amount of $1000 on Saturday, January 8th by Temp booth closing time.
- Daily Coffee + Donuts. Rise and shine with complimentary Starbucks coffee and fresh donuts at registration in Market Hall, 8:30 a.m. until 10 a.m., and explore the Cash & Carry + Vintage Home & Decor + Artisan Cash & Carry Temps.
- Booze Cruiser. Explore the 13th floor of Fashion Accessories + Apparel Temps, 10:00 a.m. until noon, and find the roaming Booze Cruiser cart! Grab a complimentary beverage and sip while you shop.
- Bites and Blends. Treat yourself to a complimentary wine bar while you explore the Gift + Home Temps on WTC 12.
Housewares Pop-Up Show
- Dallas is your home for Housewares! Head to the 2nd Floor of Trade Mart in the 2500/2700 aisles to explore everything from Housewares essentials to kitchen gifts. Grab a complimentary cocktail while you’re there on Wednesday, Jan. 5 at 1:00 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 6 at 4:00 p.m. and Friday, Jan. 7 at 1:00 p.m.
GC Buying Group Conference
GC Buying Group will hold its Start The Year Member Conference at Dallas Market Center during the Housewares Pop-Up Show. The annual kitchenware event draws retailers from across the country to review new products from leading vendors with the company principals, network among peers, and experience presentations from business and industry experts. The Vendor Showcase will showcase a broad range of products for the home—from gadgets to fine cookware to the latest in kitchen electrics. More information is available at gourmetcatalog.com.
The 32nd ARTS Awards Preview Party and Gala
Dallas Market Center and ART, the creative home furnishings network, announce the return of the ARTS Awards after a one-year staging of the HEARTS Awards honoring pandemic heroes. The 32nd ARTS Awards gala returns on Friday, Jan. 7 at the Hilton Anatole hotel, hosted by Thom Filicia and Carson Kressley. The ARTS Awards is the premier international awards program dedicated to home industry excellence and achievement. The ARTS Awards will include category awards as well as a special Academy of Achievement honor for Caroline Hipple, president of Norwalk Furniture, and a special HEARTS Award presented to The Malouf Foundation. The ARTS Awards Preview Party takes place on Thursday at 6:00 p.m. on the 10th floor atrium.
Enhanced Buyer Wi-Fi
Connectivity during markets is more important than ever and in support of online access, the buyer Wi-Fi system throughout DMC’s buildings will be dramatically updated before January 2022 Markets. These are state-of-the-art updates that will increase the speed, bandwidth, and number of access points by 4-5 times the current system.
Health & Safety Guidelines Supporting Buyer Comfort
Supporting the comfort, health and safety of all attendees, the market center continues measures that include recommending face coverings for all customers. Other efforts include enhanced cleaning with hospital grade products and hundreds of hand sanitizing stations. Along with these new steps, there are safety measures that are part of the design of the marketplace: open parking, large entryways, quick registration in multiple areas, wide hallways, multiple escalators to each floor, and showrooms with controlled access to allow for the appropriate distance between customers. Complete information is available on the front page of the website.
Special Hotel Offers
Dallas Market Center partner hotels are offering new, lower rates to support buyer travel budgets. Dozens of hotels, many within walking distance of the campus, are offering updated rates as low as $119. Rates valid until 2 weeks prior to Market, based on availability and are subject to change at any time so please reach out to Market Travel online or by calling 214-744-7444.
Additional January Trade Events
In addition to the Total Home and Gift Market, other trade events this winter offer buyers a safe and welcoming marketplace. Events include Lightovation: Dallas International Lighting Show (Jan. 6-9 with Jan. 5 as a preview day); Apparel & Accessories Market (Jan. 11-14); KidsWorld (Jan. 11-14); WESA’s International Western/English Apparel & Equipment Market (Jan. 13-16), and AETA International Tradeshow (Jan. 13-16).