- Best Sellers in Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Best Sellers in Nashville, TN
- Christmas Cheer Showcase
- Foreside Home And Garden To Open New Store in Chicago
- Jewelry Displays That Dazzle
- Textiles Trends
- Success with Clicks and Bricks
- Global Goods
- Stocking Stuffers Showcase
- Wrist Wear Trends: Bangles, Baubles and More
Sea Bright, NJ - After a rough off-season that included severe damage from Hurricane Sandy, the owners of Sea Brightâ€™s Anglerâ€™s Marina & Beach Boutique, Fred Leonardis and his wife, Elizabeth, worked hard to reopen their Ocean Avenue shop.
â€śMy husband has always believed that we are in a service business, a seasonal business, and that we need to be here for our customers,â€ť said Elizabeth. â€śSo we take that very seriously.â€ť Read more...
Mount Holly, PA - Burlington County and its partners are open for business.
Officials are ready to roll out their buy-local campaign to promote county businesses, including downtown Main Street shopping centers and other stores, restaurants and service providers that want local customers to spend their dollars close to home. Read more...
Oxford, KS - Many locally-owned businesses are trying to reinvent themselves as the economy changes. One of the newer techniques is to have a cash mob that encourages people to come together on a certain day to shop local. Read more...
Chepachet, RI - Elizabeth Yuill, owner and shopkeeper of the historic Brown & Hopkins Country Store in Chepachet, has been named by the U.S. Small Business Administration as one of its 2013 Rhode Island small-business award winners.
Yuill and other recipients of the SBA awards will be honored during the annual Rhode Island Salute to Small Business luncheon on June 12 at the Alpine Country Club in Cranston. Read more...
Springfield, IL - You can tell just by looking at the storefront that Penny Lane is different than other Springfield gift shops.
Look there, in the window is a remote-controlled zombie doll. And a â€śHippies Use Back Doorâ€ť sign. And sparkly crystals, feathery dreamcatchers and a Bob Marley poster. The blue-edged mortar on part of the nearly block-long complex is artistically oozing out of the bricks it holds together. Read more...
Hattiesburg, MS - If anyone was at Click Boutique on April 27, 2011, they would have thought they were on the set of the popular AMC series â€śMad Men.â€ť
The show is based on a 1960s New York City advertising agency and the mod fashion of the time is a definite source of inspiration for the Hattiesburg womenâ€™s clothing store that hosted the masquerade theme party, complete with mock cigarettes, beehive hair and cocktails. Read more...
Boston, MA - There is nothing quite as magical and charming as rural New England, and Zoe Zilian, founder of Farmhouse Pottery, can help to bring a little bit of that authentic rustic feel to your home with her stoneware pottery and garden-inspired apothecary collection. Read more...
Finding Her Niche
Sumrall, MS - If youâ€™re having trouble finding gifts with that personal touch, look no further than Tracey Miller.
A Sumrall resident, Miller has been doing arts and crafts as a hobby for as long as she can remember. Read more...
Overton, NV - The flower shop in downtown Overton has opened again. Now called â€śThe Front Porchâ€ť, the little shop opened on Friday, May 10.
The shop is filled with simple country charm. The display shelving is not typical retail fare, but rather it is rustic and homely furniture. The store is filled with simple little surprises; treasures that are on sale as gift items, home decor and fashion accessories. Read more...
Sidney, MT - Although it began as a Christmas store, the Caring Corner Gift Shop at Sidney Health Center has evolved to be a very unique boutique style store with a good cause.
Started by Kay Ashcraft, the Christmas store was originally run out of a small office but became so popular it quickly grew to offer more than just Christmas stuff. Read more...
Latest Press Headlines
- May 21... Smoky Mountain Gift Show Brings Tennessee's Largest Selection of Souvenir, Resort Resources Under One Roof - November 5-8, 2013
- May 21... The Perfect Gift for Baby and Mom!
- May 21... Checkerboard, Leading Fine Stationery Manufacturer, Receives Eleventh LOUIE Award
- May 21... Monkeez Makes a Difference Awards Third Donation to Charity Partners, Receives National Parenting Honor
- May 20... Las Vegas Market Hosting Gift for Life Benefit at Summer Market
- May 20... Greeting Card Association Announces 25th Anniversary LOUIE Award Winners
- May 20... Beatriz Ball Collection Launches New Ecommerce Web Site, Powered by Shopatron
- May 20... C & F Enterprises Introduces Kitchen Cuties
- May 20... WILLIAMSBURG and Caspari Introduce Tableware and Stationary Collection
- May 20... LA Mart Design Center Hosts Opening Reception for ASID during Annual National Conference
Winter 2013 Issue
- Nicknamed the Twin Cities, the neighboring towns of St. Paul and Minneapolis are Minnesota's largest and most vibrant metropolitan areas. Booming with industry and life, these Midwestern powerhouses are replete with culture, music, style and art.
- Nautical trends emerge reinvented with a fresh approach every few years. Display props are readily available and with a few simple guidelines, inspiring nautical displays are simple to create and maintain.
- Not sure what boards to set up on Pinterest? Here are some ideas.
- Our fab finds for winter 2013.
- Our green fab finds for winter 2013.
- Widely considered one of the staples for gift store retailers, bath and body products continue to deliver on luxury at affordable price points. Here are five trends in the category.
- Tap into brand loyalty and creative concepts with licensed products.
- A captive audience notwithstanding, museum gift shops have had to revise marketing and sales strategies to keep revenue numbers strong. We take a look at how these novel gift stores are faring.
- As the sea continues to exert its influence on a wider variety of giftware, the category is making a splash by differentiating into discrete nautical and coastal trends.
- This grass is truly green. Bamboo's biggest asset, its sustainability, has made it a darling in the green industry and wholesalers are morphing it into a variety of fun products.
- Trendy tabletop accessories.
- Our pick for winter 2013's hot trends.
- Patriotic Pride
- Marilyn Monroe had it right: Diamonds are a girl's best friend. That one elegant statement captures the timeless appeal of not just diamonds but all accessories in a woman's wardrobe.
- Use your creative license when it comes to displaying specific artists' lines. These ideas should help.
- Thinking of going more green? Don't know how? Here's a rundown of ten ideas to get you started.
- For Weddings Wows
- Celebrating Mother's & Father's Day