DMC honors Gourmet Gold Specialty Food Award winners
Dallas Market Center has announced the winners of the Gourmet Gold Specialty Food Awards. The ceremony was held in the World Trade Center during the Dallas Total Home & Gift Market.
The Gourmet Gold Specialty Food Awards celebrates exceptional manufacturers in the gourmet products industry who exhibit in Dallas. Entries were received from dozens of companies from coast to coast.
Best Baked – cookies, cake, breads, mixes
- French Macarons by Savor Patisserie
Best Beverage – hot or cold
- Lavender Blend Coffee by Farmers Lavender Co
Best Chocolate Candy/Dessert – includes sauces, pies, cakes, cookies
- Coconut Cream Pie Chocolate bar by Hammonds Candies
Best Condiment I – sauces, rubs, seasonings
- Lemon Rosemary Garlic Infused Salt by s.a.l.t. sisters
Best Condiment II – oils, vinegars, dressings
- Alberto’s Pickled Garlic by Alberto’s Food Products, Inc.
Best Fruit Confit – jams, jellies, preserves, marmalades
- Blackberry Pepper Jam by Southern Roots Sisters
Best Healthy Lifestyle – includes organic, gluten free, sugarless, vegan products
- Traditional Mexican Vanilla by Casa Bella Vida Mexican Vanilla
Best Non-Chocolate Candy/Dessert – includes caramels, taffy, brittles, pralines, cookies
- Jalapeño Caramel by Dutch House Confections
Best Snack – dips, salsas, nuts
- Sugar + Spice Pretzel Bites by Outsiders Kitchen
Best Soup or Chili
- DYNAMITE Chili Mix and Moonshine Hot Sauce by Fairhope Favorites, Inc.
Judging was based on originality, taste, and packaging. This year’s judges included: Rob Wilson, owner of Times Ten Cellars; Jennifer Bonner, chef from Edible Envy Catering; and Rachel Pinn, the popular local food writer and blogger.
“We are proud to recognize these outstanding companies for their hard work, dedication to the industry, and their exceptional products,” said Cindy Morris, president and CEO of Dallas Market Center.
Tens of thousands of buyers from across the country and internationally attended the Total Home & Gift Market, a seven-day trade event that welcomes single and multi-location retail, buying groups, and major stores.