GCA Workshop + Retreat offers educational sessions, speakers and more
The Greeting Card Association (GCA) offers 21 educational sessions, 35 speakers, and three retreat sessions all in its two day GCA Workshop + Retreat, held Sep. 9-10. GCA has planned relevant and timely educational sessions for greeting card makers during this two day virtual event that begins on Sep. 9.
See What Unfolds
The theme of the Workshop + Retreat is See What Unfolds, which “invokes the value of paper and the importance of looking ahead to trends, as well as opportunities in social expressions.” The theme was developed in response to the greeting card resurgence that has emerged in the wake of the pandemic and the challenges that publishers have addressed, including pivoting to new business approaches to conducting business in new and innovative ways.
“The Workshop & Retreat is where the card maker community and industry experts who care about greeting cards go not only to celebrate the product, but to share insights and actionable advice that address problems unique to our industry,” said Andy Meehan, founder of Greeting Card Gurus on LinkedIn and the 2021 event Chair.
“I have attended more than a dozen of these annual GCA Workshops, and I always come away both educated and inspired, and with new connections within the industry—fellow makers, sales reps, and/or retailers—that have aided my future business efforts. It is well worth setting aside two days of what would otherwise be typical work days to engage with the unique content and community the Workshop offers, ” George White, president of Up With Paper and current president of the Greeting Card Association, said.
Registration is still open. For more information or to register, visit https://www.greetingcard.org/workshop-and-retreat-2021/.
- Alexis Kerr, Hallmark Vice President, Mahogany Brand, Marketing to a Multicultural Consumer
- Kristen Ley, Owner + Founder, ThimblePress, The Art of Licensing & Collaborations
- Sarah Schwartz, Editor, Stationery Trends/The Paper Nerd, Trends Spotted at NY NOW
- Kathy Cano-Munillo, Card Designer & Author, Crafty Chica, LLC dba: Mucho Mas Art Studio, Beyond the Envelope: How to Build Brand Longevity
- Dominique Schurman, NIQUEA.D, Vice President, A Lifetime of Expressions … And more to come
- Amy Loewenberg, Emerald Expositions Relations & Partnership Development Manager, Buyers: How to work with them and grow your business
- Preston Herrin, HCG, Inc. Founder, Managing Director, Re-Animatting The Customer Experience
- Mike Smith, Crown Point Graphics, Owner, Growing your Business, getting out of your own way
- Kody Bateman, SendOut Cards, Chief Visionary Officer & Founder, Selling Through Websites, Phone Apps, and Print on Demand
The full agenda can be found here.