Las Vegas Market reveals Summer 2020 virtual programming
Las Vegas Market announced a lineup of virtual programming to be presented before, during and after the summer 2020 market, Aug. 30 – Sept. 3. In line with buyer sentiment, summer market programming will be offered through digital market channels rather than in at-market sessions.
“An expansive lineup of trend-focused and business-building educational programming is a staple of the Las Vegas Market experience and we’re delighted to provide that content virtually when in-person programming isn’t feasible,” said Dorothy Belshaw, chief marketing and digital officer for International Market Centers (IMC). “These digital alternatives, presented by industry thought-leaders and retail experts, will provide the same impact that Las Vegas Market participants have come to expect.”
Las Vegas Market will present buyers and designers with a slate of timely webinars addressing a range of topics that include business practices during COVID-19, current market trends, product discovery during market, retail trends and diversity and inclusion.
This summer, Las Vegas Market will host three proprietary webinars addressing trend forecasting. These sessions include:
- FIRST LOOK program in two 30-minute, CEU-accredited webinars entitled FIRST LOOK – Summer 2020 Home Furnishings and Summer 2020 Gift, Housewares, Textiles, and Tabletop led by, FIRST LOOK curator and editor Julie Smith Vincenti.
- Another CEU-accredited trend-focused program is the popular Ahead of the Curve in partnership with Luxe Interiors + Design. Designers Filip Malyszko and Steve Somogyi, of steve + filip design
- Meredith Ellis, of Meredith Ellis Design; and Sandra Espinet, of S.E. Design Services, will share their insights and opinions about the hottest new directions and designs in home furnishings in an intimate and engaging webinar moderated by Kathryn Given, senior design and market editor for Luxe Interiors + Design.
A complete list of these free sessions and information on how to register is available at www.lasvegasmarket.com/about/webinars.
Pre-Market offerings will feature another nine CEU-accredited webinars, including:
- Shopping with Sarah: HOW RUGS ARE MADE and Shopping with Sarah: CUSTOM RUGS, presented by Sarah Stroh and Leslie Stroh, of Rug News and Design
- Business of Design: Survive or Thrive, and Business of Design: Embracing the New Normal, presented by Kimberley Seldon, advocate-in-chief of Business of Design
- Diversity in Today’s Market, presented by designers Breegan Jane, Rachel Moriarty, Katrena Griggs and Ron Woodson
- Sherwin-Williams Colormix Forecast 2021, presented by Sherwin-Williams Director of Color Marketing Sue Wadden
- State of the Home Staging Industry, presented by Jana Uselton, Home Staging & Redesign Association
- ReImagine, ReOpen & ReEngage – Visual Merchandising Transformed, presented by Gretchen Kroll, vice president of sales and marketing for Tripar International, Inc.
- Reimagining Our Relationship with Work, presented by Lisa Kahn of Lisa Kahn Designs & Finding Sanctuary
Other virtual sessions will cover a collection of relevant topics. These sessions are:
- Decor: The Power of Pop, and Lighting: It’s Technical!, presented by Diane Falvey, editor-in-chief of Furniture, Lighting & Décor
- Market ReOrientation: Prep For Productivity in a New Environment, presented by IMC’s Sarah Schuetz
- Entertaining at Home – Houseware and Gourmet Must-Haves, presented by Mary Moore, founder and CEO of The Cook’s Warehouse
- Re-Imagining Buying & Selling: Reposition Your Retail Strategy, presented by Elizabeth P. Montgomery of Boxhill & Co.; Mary Liz Curtin of Leon & Lulu; Dirk Lorenz of Fremont Flowers and Lilly Stamets of Premier Retail Consulting
- Gift Giving 2020: What Consumers Want, presented by Anne-Marie Earl, managing editor of Gifts & Decorative Accessories
- Designing an Uncommon Life, presented by Jane Dagmi, editor-in-chief of Designers Today; and Build the Room – A Virtual Showhouse Part 1 and Part 2, featuring 12 well-known designers.
- Special Events
Additionally, Las Vegas Market will sponsor two industry events: the Retailer Excellence Awards, on Aug. 4, which features a Gift for Life text-to-donate campaign benefiting the Dallas-based A Sister’s Gift Women’s Center, and the 2020 ANDYZ Awards, on Aug. 12, presented by Las Vegas Design Center and the California Central/Nevada Chapter of ASID.
Summer 2020 Las Vegas Market runs Aug. 30 through Sept. 3, 2020, at World Market Center Las Vegas. For more information, visit www.lasvegasmarket.com.