National Candle Association celebrates World Candle Month
Established in 2013 by the National Candle Association (NCA), World Candle Month is celebrated every September and promotes the various ways candles enrich people’s daily lives.
“This celebration is just one of the many ways NCA encourages industry collaboration to promote global candle sales and celebrate the benefits and joy of candles,” said Kathy LaVanier, president of the NCA.
Throughout 2020, the world saw many changes due to the COVID-19 pandemic and a number of industries saw that sales were impacted as well. The candle industry was no exception, as more people worked from home and sought any little comfort they could find. That trend continues into 2021, even as the world begins to emerge from the darker days of the pandemic, the small comforts like candles in the home remain a staple.
This year’s World Candle Month theme is Share the Light. NCA provides ideas to celebrate the many ways candles light up our world and fragrance our lives.
Ways to Celebrate World Candle Month
- Announce information about World Candle Month on your company’s website and social media channels.
- Share useful candle tips from experts.
- Post about candle fun facts and the history of candles.
- Educate followers about candle fire safety.
- Share a blog post on how to incorporate candles into your world utilizing the theme of Share the Light.
- Connect with the National Candle Association on social media channels and use the #WorldCandleMonth when posting on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
- Host a virtual event for your readers and/or employees.