NY NOW shares the winners of summer 2021 awards
NY NOW announced the winners of the Summer 2021 NY NOW Awards. Winners and finalists for the Summer 2021 edition of the NY NOW Awards were announced at the Jacob K. Javits Center in New York City, where the bi-annual market successfully relaunched with vendors reporting strong order writing and buyers celebrating the opportunity to be back in-person for NY NOW’s first event since 2019.
“We congratulate all of the winners and finalists of the Summer 2021 NY NOW Awards, which was one of our most successful juried programs to date. We would also like to thank our esteemed panel of judges, who thoughtfully selected our incredible roster of award recipients, ” said Tim Hart, SVP of NY NOW. “We continue to be amazed by the caliber of brands and products that participate in our awards program and exhibit at NY NOW each year. The winners and finalists of the Summer 2021 NY NOW Awards speak to the level of excellence that attendees can expect to see and experience at this edition of NY NOW.”
The NY NOW Awards provide an important opportunity to recognize brands who have stood out for their unique design and dedication to creating products sustainably as well as innovative emerging brands. Twice a year, over a thousand brands across eleven categories are invited to submit their products to showcase overall excellence in design, innovation and authenticity.
The Summer 2021 NY NOW Awards were adjudicated by a respected panel of judges that included industry leaders and trailblazers from renowned brands such as Dims., Outer and RIOS, and top journalists from distinguished design publications including Apartment Therapy, Business of Home, Cool Hunting, ELLE Decor, Remodelista, and Sight Unseen. The full list of judges can be found here.
Emerging Brand Award
- Kitty Kardboard (Booth 1942)
Sustainable Design Award
- Bklyn Bento – Large Round With Silicone Food Separator (Booth 2256)
Best Product Award by Category
Accent on Design
- SEMPLI – Monti-IRI Limited Edition Taste Set (Booth 1918)
- Kamaria LLC – Drops of Spring Opal Necklace (Booth 931)
- LECUONA – Barrel Backpack Tan (Booth 1155)
Baby + Child
- CMYK Technology – Just Dutch (Booth 2928)
Gift + Stationery
- Blackwing – Blackwing Matte Writing Instruments (Booth 2728)
HANDMADE Designer Maker
- BRAID & WOOD Design Studio – V Hanger Airplanters (Booth 1045)
HANDMADE Global Design
- Lumily – Upcycled Pueblo Pillow Cover – Guatemala (Booth 1319)
- Logevy Firenze 1965 – Rosso Perverso Home Diffuser (Booth 2329)
- Julie Cohn Design – Bronze Roman Chain Necklace (Booth 2123)
- Michael Wainwright USA – Panthera Glass Drinkware (Booth 2306)
- The Good Patch – The Good Patch (Booth 1846)
“At the heart of NY NOW is our amazing buyer community and they are right here at the Javits Center working with our brands and writing orders. The spirit in the air is one of pure joy as our buyers are back where they want to be and discovering the products they need to see,” said Amy Loewenberg, Buyer Relations and Partnership Development Manager of NY NOW.
For more information on the NY NOW awards and a full list of the winners and finalists, please visit nynow.com/awards.