Atlanta Apparel’s April market details latest trends
Atlanta Apparel’s April 2021 market, April 13-17, 2021 is a destination for retailers to discover and source Autumn/Winter 2021 trends in person this spring, with 2,500+ lines — in both permanent showrooms and temporary exhibits, including a record number of shoe resources plus expanded trend programming — all presented with new Atlanta Apparel branding.
“Our new tagline — Connecting Culture & Commerce — says it all: Atlanta Apparel is making all of the right connections this April. Our brands have the trend-driven product buyers want and we can connect them like nowhere else,” said Caron Stover,senior vice president of apparel for International Market Centers (IMC). “The overwhelming recommitment to the market by brands and buyers is a testament to the value of our markets.”
Autumn/Winter 2021 Trend Exploration
To facilitate sourcing and shopping, Atlanta Apparel’s in-house fashion office releases a definitive semi-annual trend forecast previewing the next season’s colors, prints and styles.
Versatility and Adaptability
Versatility and adaptability are the defining elements of Autumn / Winter 2021 fashion trends, noted Morgan Ramage, Atlanta Apparel Fashion Director. “Consumers will be looking to create longevity and comfort in their wardrobes as they embrace prolonged ‘stay at home style.’ Everyone will be on the hunt for that perfect Zoom sweater into early next year,” she explained.
- Must-have products include athleisure pieces, blanket coats, cardigans, column skirts, hats, jersey dresses, perfect sets (matching two-piece sets) and shackets (oversized shirts that function as jackets).
- Shoes take direction from a growing interest in outdoor living and homebound lifestyles with key styles including Chelsea/lug-style boots, clogs, cozy slippers and stylish sneakers.
- In accessories, movement is toward classic, seasonless and multifunctional pieces.
- Jewelry trends include beaded bracelets, charms, chunky gold jewelry, hoop earrings and necklaces for layering, plus totes, duffel bags and handbags as key accessory items. Chic face coverings will remain important through the fall.
- “Strategic color choices are essential for cost-conscious consumers,” added Ramage. As such, key Autumn/Winter 2021 colors are rich neutrals, steel and bright blue, dark greens and berry/plum accents.
Atlanta Apparel explores these trends through a series of virtual events on its IGTV channel.
- Trend experts from WGSN share an Autumn/Winter 2021 Trend Forecast the day before market, Apr. 12, at 10:00 a.m.
- At-market trend programming includes a virtual Fashion Show showcasing looks from across the market at 4:00 p.m. on Apr. 15; plus daily Sips & Snaps fashion events at 2:00 p.m., Apr. 14-16.
- Ramage will lead Trend Insight sessions digging into key styles at 8:00 a.m.
- Tomeka Cherry of @CherryPickedStyle will share her picks from the temporaries in Cherry Picked Temporaries at 10:00 a.m.
- Mireille Beckwith of @CityPeach will share favorite finds from the showrooms in Fashion Insider at noon each day of the market. Additional programming includes Retailer Spotlight presented by Lindsay Rozier of @Sell_Eat_Love featuring Gigi’s of Bluffton, SC on 4:00 p.m. on Apr. 12.
Atlanta Apparel’s April trade show features a repeat of the record-breaking Young Contemporary offerings at the February market, with some 160+ top brands showing full collections, plus an at-capacity shoe category with some 65 lines.
Set for April are women’s trend-driven apparel lines like Fate by LFD, HYFVE, Mustard Seed, New Vintage Wholesale, Umgee and many more.
The sold-out shoe collection includes well-known designers Chinese Laundry, Jeffrey Campbell, Matisse, Sam Edelman, TOMS plus boutique brands like Vintage Havana.
Jewelry and accessories are expected to have a strong market with some 500+ lines presented across showrooms and temporaries. Resources range from jewelry (Enewton, Julie Vos) to handbags (ABLE, Hobo) to lifestyle items (Jaded Gypsy, Katie Loxton). Augmenting the order-writing resources are some 100+ cash & carry fine jewelry, apparel and accessories showrooms.
Atlanta Apparel’s denim resources are primed for Autumn/Winter 2021 selling, with some 85 brands. Notable among them are 7 for all Mankind, Boyish Jeans, Hudson Jeans, Joe’s Jeans, Judy Blue, PAIGE and Pistola.
Atlanta Apparel presents women’s, men’s, and children’s fashion on 10 floors in AmericasMart Building 3. The 300+ temporary brands are organized on four floors as:
- Premiere Contemporary Apparel
- Shoes and Accessories on Floor 2
- Women’s Apparel
- Shoes and Jewelry & Fashion Accessories on Floor 3
- Young Contemporary on Floors 4 and 5
The 300+ showrooms are on six floors:
- Fine Jewelry on Floor 6
- Cash & Carry on Floor 7
- Accessories and Shoes on Floor 8
- Women’s Contemporary on Floors 9 and 11
- Children’s apparel and accessories on Floor 13.
A full list of market exhibitors is at Atlanta-Apparel.com/exhibitor/exhibitor-directory.
The April Atlanta Apparel Market is co-located with VOW | New World of Bridal, (April 13-15, 2021) which presents nearly 75 showrooms and temporaries with styles for brides and their bridal parties plus prom, homecoming, evening, quinceanera, men’s formal and more. Exclusive virtual programming includes the Mon Cheri Academy.
For the April 2021 Atlanta Apparel market, showrooms are open Apr. 13-16, 9:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. and Apr. 17, 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m., and temporaries are open Apr. 14-16, 9:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. Pre-registration is open now at Atlanta-Apparel.com/Attend/Registration.
New Brand Identity
April marks the debut of all-new Atlanta Apparel branding, logo, tagline and creative direction. The new brand identity will be brought to life in person at the market and virtually through the new dedicated Atlanta-Apparel.com, Atlanta’s Apparel’s social channels and the mobile app.
Atlanta Apparel will continue its commitment to safety with IMC’s Together Safely measures including the required used of CDC-approved face coverings, temperature checks, contactless registration and enhanced cleaning of the building. Free parking is available in a lot connected to the building and shuttle services will offer door-to-door transportation between AmericasMart Building 3 and downtown Atlanta hotels.
For more information, visit Atlanta-Apparel.com.